Smoke and Soot Cleanup in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Contact the Smoke and Soot Professionals for your Fire Damage
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and Soot Facts
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke – wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Bartlesvillle/Miami will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.
Here is some additional information on smoke and soot:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Plastic and rubber fires produce sticky and smeary soot with very pungent odor. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Paper and wood fires are fast burning and produce high temperatures. The heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Protein fire residues are virtually invisible and will discolors paint. Protein fires produce extremely pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today at (918) 766-0220
Follow These Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Contact the Mold Professionals if you Suspect Mold in your Home
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread mold throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Bartlesville/MIami for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami specializes in mold cleanup and restoration. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (918) 766-0220
Thirteen Years as an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami celebrates 13 years as an IICRC Certified Firm
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami has been an IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification) certified firm for thirteen years. The IICRC sets the standard for the cleaning and restoration industry, of which SERVPRO is an industry leader. The following is from the IICRC official website (http://www.IICRC.org).
"IICRC Certified Firms have earned the right to display the IICRC logo as a symbol of quality. In order to achieve IICRC-certified status, firm must meet a rigorous list of standards in business ethics and expertise. All IICRC Certified Firms must:
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration"
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami is honored to maintain this certification. We will continue to offer the same levels of excellence that you have come to expect.