Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage and develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and Soot Facts
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
Different Types of Smoke
The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process. There are two different types of smoke – wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Bartlesvillle/Miami will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.
Here is some additional information on smoke and soot:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Plastic and rubber fires produce sticky and smeary soot with very pungent odor. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Paper and wood fires are fast burning and produce high temperatures. The heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue
- Protein fire residues are virtually invisible and will discolors paint. Protein fires produce extremely pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have 15 years of experience in restoring fire and smoke damaged properties.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today at (918) 766-0220