Don't Ignore Your Gutters
Cleaning your gutters is a necessary job that's easy to delay. Rain gutters get clogged with leaves and other debris over time. which can cause water damage in your home.
Your gutters and downspouts are designed to divert the flow of water away from your home. Clogged gutters can rot fascia boards, therefore making it easier for water to enter the house to cause wall and ceiling damage.
When cleaning your gutters;
- Make sure you have a good, sturdy, extendable ladder.
- Dress for the job, wear a long-sleeved shirt, work pants and rubber gloves.
- Spread a tarp underneath your workspace to collect the gutter gunk.
- Use a gutter scoop, available at the hardware store, or a child's sandbox shovel will work just fine.
- Once all debris is removed from the gutters, use a garden hose to flush the gutters and downspouts and clear out any remaining debris.
By following these easy steps you can avoid any invasive water intrusion into your home. But remember we're here when you need us. SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami 918 766-0220