How to Prevent Mold Growth
We breathe in mold spores and fragments every day, indoors and outdoors. Usually these exposures do not present a health risk. However, people can be exposed to large amounts of mold, particularly indoors.
It is impossible to get rid of all mold spores indoors; some spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. However we can reduce the amount of spores in our homes by controlling mold growth.
- Identify moisture problem areas in your home and correct them
- Dry wet areas immediately
- Prevent moisture buildup with proper ventilation
- Monitor humidity indoors
- Direct rainwater away from your home
- Clean and repair roof gutters
Remember if you clean up the mold but don't address the water or moisture problem, then most likely, the mold problem will come back.
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami offers indoor air quality sampling for mold. Call us today for an appointment at 918-766-0220.